Selce was founded in Summer 2014 by Riccardo Centazzo and Jaxon Pope. Due to complimentary skills and our common opinion of design, we decided to collaborate and start a company with a strong ethos of practicality and simplicity at its core.
- Dr. Martens Oliver Black Burnished Suede (2012), a pair of shoes I wear every second day.
- Waste Makers, Vance Packard, 1960. A valuable insight into the commodity driven world of 1960's USA.
- A select few rocks and minerals from my collection.
- Mario's Picross (Nintendo, 1995) Representing my love for Gameboys and puzzles.
- Olympus mju II (1997).
- Fantasia sticker, one of the most valuable stickers I have in my sticker collection. Fantasia by Walt Disney is the most influential animation movie of my childhood.
- My Diary (Muji).
- An indoor rock climbing hold, representing my passion for climbing.
- Original Apollo 10 Mission Plan (1969, NASA) representing my interest in space, particulary the moon.
- A Screwdriver I was given by my father (VW, West Germany, date unknown).
- Ossidiana 1 cup (Mario Trimarchi for Alessi, 2015), a beautiful piece of design that I love using every day.
- Useful mushroom I found in the rainforest of Yakushima, Japan, in 2015. It represents my passion for the outdoors and my constant study of bushcraft techniques.
- Vans Style #38, custom made in USA around 1992. One of the grails in my collection of vintage Vans shoes, it represents my interest in the American hardcore and skateboard scene.
- Rotring Rapid Pro mechanical pencil, a gift from my parents that I use almost every day.
- OLFA ltd-05, limited edition compact blade. Bought in Tokyo in 2015.
- Leatherman Sidekick, a very practical and light multi-tool I’ve been carrying with me for a few years.
- Braun AW30 (Dietrich Lubs, 1991), a great piece of good design I received as a gift in 2014. Represents my admiration for simple, functional and pure design.
- Design Discussions booklet (London, 2016). A record of a series of design theory-based discussions I took part in.
- Metal Gear Solid (Playstation, 1998), the first title I played of my favourite videogame series.
- Howling Machines, The Same Old Look in Your Eyes (Bologna, 2008). The power of the youth.
- Game Boy LIGHT, Silver (1998), a Japanese exclusive that never got the recognition it deserved, in my opinion the best Game Boy ever produced and my favourite piece of our collection. galleryboy.wordpress.com